Accessing AWStats Outside of cPanel
Accessing AWStats from outside the control panel is easy.
Step 3. Copy the contents of the uncompressed
cgi-bin folder from your hard drive to the user
cgi-bin directory (this includes
awstats.model.conf, and the
Step 4. If necessary (this should not be needed with most setups), edit the first (top-most) line of the
awstats.pl file that is
#!/usr/bin/perl to reflect the path were your Perl interpreter is installed. The default value works for most of the Unix OS, but it also might be
- Change the LogFile value to the full path of your web server's log file. (The path is:
domain.comstands for your domain name.)
- Check to see whether LogFormat has the value
1(it means "NCSA Apache combined/ELF/XLF log format").
- Change the DirIcons parameter to reflect the relative path of the icon directory.(
- Edit the SiteDomain parameter to include the main domain name or the Intranet web server name used to reach the website to analyze (example:
- Important: — Change DirData to use the same statistics file as cPanel AWStats and do not lose any entry (
Step 8. Access AWStats at the URL
domain.com stands for your domain name.
That's all! AWStats will refresh the statistics every 24 hours.
Yannick Arrimadas Bot email@example.com www.sauronz.com